Saturday, September 29, 2012

Opening Night

Makeup by Jenna
Well, it's good to be back at the farm.

Almost immediately when I got there, I had one of my fellow monsters, Nic, shave my hair.  Earlier in the day, I had gone to a hair cutter and she took more off than I expected.  So, I had to adjust to the new circumstances and just decided to get a short mohawk.

There's a lot of new people this year.  New actors and actresses.  Some new make-up artists.  The family just keeps expanding.  The past two years, everyone's been getting makeup done in the shed or right outside the shed.  This year, they added a tent with plenty of makeup artists, so there's never a long wait in line for makeup!  Yay!

The house has changed a lot this year.  Newer and cooler rooms.  New layout.  New animatronics.  They outdid themselves on the house this year.

It was, yet again, another awkward first evening at the Bates Motel.  For my scene, there's this darned contraption called a boo-box.  A boo-box can be anything, but in my scene, it's some sort of shelf cabinet that is split down the middle.  I hide behind it and hold the handles that are placed in the middle of each side and slide it to pop out.  People don't expect anything of it because it looks like a china cabinet and has various dishes and cups on it.  It can be a very great scare, if it works appropriately.  However, first scare of the night, I came out of the boo-box and it fell of its wheel, not allowing me to roll it back into place.

After spending the first couple hours behind the boo-box and getting the hang of it, things started rolling into place and ideas started rolling in my head and things started clicking again.  There are tally marks on the one side of the boo-box that say "Asses on the floor" which refers to how many people (in years past) have fallen to the floor.  It is a very useful contraption when used appropriately ;)

But after the first couple hours, I wanted to move around the scene a little more, so I started getting into some sort of whimpering, frightened character at the dining room table, which spooked some people, but it still needs work.

Nothing too major to report on.  There were some good scares and some not so good scares, but overall, pretty slow.  It was opening night.  You can't expect it to be the best night of the season!  Hopefully tomorrow night will be a little more active.

(End of 1st evening).


No comments:

Post a Comment