Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Home

Makeup by Rob
I got to the farm with plenty time to spare today.  My makeup just keeps getting better and better.  I got mud in my hair tonight and blacked my stupid teeth.  I didn't realize how creepy I looked until I got home at the end of the night.

I changed my wardrobe in my scene because we have two mirrors in our hallway.  It's starting to feel a little like a home.  I've got a creepy little brother in the closet with a butcher knife and chopped up rabbit.  My darling partner in scares comes out of the wall.  There's a quaint dining room table that I like to sit at and just rock back and forth.  Also, the motel itself is very intimate.  You come to know the people in the scenes around you better, as opposed to the other attractions, and there are always break actors and pushers coming through to check up on you.  Oddly enough, in a house of horrors, you feel loved.  The only drawback is the fact that we are the first attraction to open at the farm and then the last to close.  If anything, this makes us closer.  We're all agonizing together.

Tonight was a slow, but decent night.  We had a little bit of each stereotypical person that comes through tonight.  The moms, the little kids, the big, black guys, the group of gay guys, the drunken fools, and as always, the jerks.  The actors coming through our scene always had a person set up to scare for us.  It was like a little gift every time!  Sometimes, they'd know their name.  Other times, they just knew they would flip out.  But by the end of the night, there were very few people trickling through and it started to be absolutely dead.  When a group would come in, I would want to follow them all the way to the next scene, just to keep myself from dying of boredom.

After work tonight, I stopped by the local Wawa to get some gas.  Apparently, one of the workers there did not know about us.  So, one of the other actors had come up to the register, with makeup still on.  The cashier had her back turned to him and then she turned around and was frightened.  I don't know exactly how the cashier reacted, but even when I was being helped by her, you could sense her uncomfortable demeanor.

I returned home and got into my comfy clothes.  One of the best feelings in the world, and I truly mean it, is washing your makeup off, drying your face and head, getting into comfy clothes and just relaxing.  And  luckily for me, Gladiator was on.  Perfect end to this frights-full evening.

Well, I would say opening weekend went pretty well!  See you next weekend!

(End of 3rd evening).

No comments:

Post a Comment