Sunday, October 14, 2012

Well that was terrible!

Makeup by Georgi.  Snot by Zack.
Congestion was the theme of the day today!  My cold has gotten worse, and it was only going to get worse as the night progressed.  And it was a night of activity with all of the people packed into each attraction.

Our boss sent us to our spots early tonight and hoped that it would be long and late night.  I just hoped I would come out of it alive.

I started sweating profusely pretty early.  There's a little problem with the house.  If you wear too much clothing, you will be warm for the beginning of the night, but then you will sweat quicker, leaving your clothes all damp and disgusting.  However, if you wear little clothing, you risk being cold until you start sweating.  It got so bad tonight that sweat got into both my eyes, not allowing me to keep them open for too long.  I had to hide away for a few minutes just to get my bearings again.  I started to worry that all my makeup would come off and started coming up with what I could do if that indeed happened.  I came up with the idea that I would tie myself up and sit at the dining room table and just act as if I had been tortured.  Luckily, the makeup didn't come off completely.

At one point, I started contorting my body in a way that was not really that difficult, but everyone coming by either thought I was a mannequin or fascinated that I could bend like that.  Then, I would swing my entire body around to stand straight up and spooked a bunch of people.  I got called a contortionist and gymnast.  Some nice compliments for something I just figured out tonight!  I only had one complaint from a little child who said, "You're not scary!" to which I twisted around and had him jump back :).  I would say well worth the sore back, feet, legs, hands, arms, and neck!

There was some difficulty in the first room tonight, so there were a few lulls in the comings and goings of the patrons.  It was nice at one point when we had a ten minute wait, but it was unfortunate to have a continuous stream of people.  It got so packed at some points that an entire line of people would just have to stop because there was too many people walking around.

I have not had a night this enduring and exhausting since my first year at Bates.  Having a cold was worse than the actual physical ailments.  I completely lost my voice towards the end of the night and I was not even talking.  I kept clicking and flicking my body around.  I got home and could not stop shaking.  I downed some cold medicine and curled up in my bed, hoping I would wake up with no physical memory of this night.

(End of 7th evening).

No comments:

Post a Comment