Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hot in hurr

Makeup by Amy
It has been an odd week temperature-wise.  It's October, yet it was T-shirt weather the past few days. Not sweater weather, not cool.  I was already sweating a little bit on the way to the farm tonight.  I'm already a sweat hog to begin with, so it was not going to be a comfortable night of frights.

Latex on mah face tonight!  Check it out.  I only had latex done once last year and it was smaller and less obtrusive.  When Amy was applying the adhesive tonight, my eyes started watering like a little batch.  I don't know what particularly made them water, but as you can see, it was all over the one side of my face.

We started just on time tonight.  I brought jerky and an energy drink with me.  We started with the sun still out.  Which isn't ideal, at all, but understandable for running a business.  It just makes it all less frightening when you can actually see everyone creeping around corners.  It's as if the patrons feel comfortable, and who wants that?

I've gotten this contortion mannerism down where I hold my head upside down around the corner of a wall, so the patrons only see half of my face.  As they come in, I turn my head, so I'm watching them and suddenly, twist my head around and stand as tall as I possibly can.  It's either scared the crap out of people or just unnerved people.  It's quite fun, but I will be needing a neck massage every few days or so.

Between 7 and 8, Joe came around asked how I was doing, but then told me to pace myself because it is going to be a long night.  But, I didn't want to pace myself!  So, I kept going for it and we got one taste of the congo line tonight.  That's when the person at the door just opens the front door and lets everyone in line file through.  It's extremely exhausting and not entirely enjoyable for anybody, but it kills the line and saves us some time.  Other times, we just get lines due to one group that waits before entering every room because they're too frightened.  Lines suck.

There were some nice scares with the contortion action this evening.  There was one particular scare that just confused me.  There was this semi-big guy at the door to my room.  I was peeking around the corner.  He was yelling, "I see you, I see you" at me.  Then, he had his hand on the door knob and was making the move as if he was going to jump in.  He proceeded to come in, I started to twist my head.  I jolted up and then, he came right in as I came up, grabbing my head and pulling me around a little bit.  He let go and I stared at him.    And that was that.  It was an odd interaction.  He wasn't a dick.  He was probably drunk, but not looking for a fight.  I had no idea what to make of it.

Makeup by Amy
When the ticket shed closed, everyone could tell it was dead and it was going to be an early night.  Nice little surprise.  I had still downed half of that energy drink.  A lot of energy.  Dumb idea, I just wanted to get my sweaty clothes off.  So, I just drove straight home, ripped my latex off, and got into my comfy clothes.

(End of 4th evening).  

No comments:

Post a Comment