Saturday, October 1, 2011

Overalls?!

Today snuck up on me, I'll have to admit. I didn't realize it was opening night at Bates until I was about 2 hours away from call time. But I had one issue to resolve before arrival. Overalls. I still did not have overalls!

WHERE THE HECK DO YOU GET OVERALLS?!

First place to check is always your mother's closet. Moms always have to have overalls. Right? So I called Mama and she said what?! no, son, why would I own a pair of overalls? So I was back to

WHERE THE HECK DO YOU GET OVERALLS?!

Your local department store? That's where I went and to much dismay, I left with the same

WHERE THE HECK DO YOU GET OVERALLS?!

I took my chances and drove to the mall right before my call time. Mama had suggested Sears. "They have work stuff. Dickie's and boots. You should be able to find overalls." So I walked and walked and stalked every pair of denim in the store until finally, right next to the jumpsuits, tucked back into the corner... a few straggling overalls! Weehoo! Yet upon further investigation, the smallest waist was a 40. And I'm a 30, flirting with a 29. Not weehoo. Well I tried them on and I looked a fool, but I bought them anyways (through a very fashionable, well-dressed man who did not know overalls still existed and was displeased with this fact and shook his head at mine. "I need them for work. Oh ok..."). I arrive on time, with all my preparations and ask the costume department for some string, so I can tie the back of my overalls, so it looks slightly less atrocious. "Oh, we have smaller overalls over here. Try one of them!"

Well damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment