Monday, October 10, 2011

HOT DAMN.

This was my day before work tonight:

I woke up. Did a little homework. And came right back to the farm.


The night before left me sore, but I felt alive again when I returned. It was a hot one this evening, which was semi-nice, but semi-not so nice. We wouldn't have to worry about layering and that awful cold sweat feeling. But the slight humidity awoke the buggies. They ate our faces like Thanksgiving dinner! It actually, literally, truthfully was torture. Even more so due to the whole not-supposed-to-touch-your-made-up-face-or-else-it-will-smear-and-look-bad part. After 20 minutes, I just had to ignore the constant pinching or panging on my face, but it was bad. My scene-mates were feeling it too (so I wasn't going crazy... well, not yet, at least). We could just hope that it all would eventually go away. Luckily, it did!

When the first wagons came through, it was pretty nice and nice. Sundays are more family fun days, which is ideal after a hectic Friday & Saturday. The night seemed to be an easy-going one. And then the damn wagons kept on coming. So I tried some new things, involving my awesome co-worker, Hillary, but I'm not sure it worked as well, so I went back to the original material. But hey, let me tell you, this girl is pretty fucking great at her job and I'm proud to work with her because she has such a more difficult task than myself or Colin and she continuously does a superb job, rattling dem chains and hollering like a goddamn damsel in distress. So kudos to her!

In a few days' time, our rythym will have improved so much that it will be a whole story when you come through. It's a joy when you get to work with people's company you enjoy yourself, especially in this atmosphere, and we all play off each other really well. I've definitely realized that I cannot stand out as just a plain ole hillbilly, I have to take it up as more of an insane hillbilly, who skips around and hollers about having legs for dinner or how excited I am to see folk because I don't normally get to see folk out in the woods...

Later in the night, I started getting those mental twinges again. I got them last year when I would be really in the moment and maybe take things a little too far. I feel I would become some other person and it would take over my being; that's where all that energy comes from. The many people inside my head. Uh oh... crazy talk...

But it's back to school tomorrow for an 8AM class (which, by the way, I am totally unprepared for and wondering how I will be in the future), which makes me realize I am a human being with a human life and human activity. So maybe I can regain my sanity? Eventually... hopefully...

(End of 5th evening).


No comments:

Post a Comment