Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rain or whine.


One thing. No. One of the MANY things I love about this job is you can take any hostility, any aggression, any ill-tempered feeling you may possess from the day and turn it into motivation for the night's fright. Today was one of those days. Well, the day actually was not bad, quite relaxing even, had a bath! But right before the night began, one of those moments occurred and fired me up for those coming through.

With my already agitated behavior and new monsters to keep me company for just the night, I was far from that awkward first night before and just ready to hear some laughter and screams. New quirks for the scene were tested and I would say they are quite successful. Much more comfortable. Almost too comfortable. Sometimes, I get a tiny bit carried away. My body gets ahead of my mind and I forget where I am. I fell tonight. I got slapped 3 or 4 times. I jammed my knee into the wagon a few times. To be fair, it was a wet night!

The rain never affected the house much last year as it does the hayride, and I learned how much the weather affects the hayride after tonight. Rain can put a damper on these nights, turning all of that dirt in the woods to sticky mud, causing for less activity all around. That being said, it was an early Saturday night for us hayride folk. Out of the farm by 11! And probably the last early Saturday night for the season.

I made a trip to Wawa afterwards. In my full costume and makeup. It's amazing how some people will see something completely ridiculous and not bother to ask about it; they kind of just brush it off as if nothing is ridiculous anymore. Out of 10 or 15 people in the store, two people asked me what my persona was about or complimented me. It just surprised me a little that people let a silly hillbilly just walk by without bothering to ask, um, excuse me, what's up with your face, or even notice this strange stranger whatsoever. What else can people get away with today? I kinda want to find out!

Very pleased with tonight and excited for the rest of the season :)

(End of 2nd evening).


No comments:

Post a Comment