Monday, October 24, 2011

We have to do this again?!

I arrived at the farm at approximately 5:15 in the evenin'.  I was completely feeling last night, yet I was somehow rejuvinated.  Maybe it was just the camaraderie of everyone and our understanding of each other's well-being (or not-so-well-being).  Or maybe it is that farm's damn magical revival powers.  Who knows?  At least when I arrived I felt half somewhat okay decent, yup.

But then, we got to our scene.  It was already pretty nippy.  And my voice had not recovered whatsoever.  And then I realized we had to do what we did last night all over again.  And I just got so put off.  I realized the night was not going to be that enjoyable at all.  And I felt sorry for the customers because I just could not do my usual nonsense by putting on a decent show for them.

At first, it seemed like it was going to be a relatively simple night.  The wagons came through with breaks in between.  There was not a steady pace of the busy bodies yet.  We didn't start in the daylight.  It was already an hour later when we started the night before.  All is well, right?

Not right.

It started to pick up when we had nothing left in our essence.  Hillary had absolutely no voice to scream.  Colin had no energy to crawl around.  And I had no knee to skip nor any voice to be hyper hillbilly.  Just not good.

When the last wagons were coming through Hillary (the victim for the night and famous celebrity) and I both reached our own stages of delirium.  There was one time when we just both started laughing as a wagon was coming around the corner and we were getting ready.  Then we just started blabbering away.  I cannot even remember what we were saying, but it was definitely not English at some points.  I even had a customer ask me, "Man, what are you saying?"

I hope this week is super duper easy cos I'm spent, my dear!

(End of 17th evening).

No comments:

Post a Comment