Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Calm before the storm

It is Wednesday, and I can see the madness on the horizon.

Bates was closed on Sunday due to rainfall. It was quite a nice surprise, yet completely understandable. The night before, the mud kept creeping up on our boots and wheels ever so much, to the point where it just got to be too much. And I suppose it never stopped. I'm not complaining though! I spent some much needed time with my family and doing a whole lot of nothing because boy, did I need that!

The first two days wiped me out. Gave me aches and sores in parts of my body that I did not even know I had used. The hayride is a much different environment than I was expecting. Well, at least much different than the house. And you might be saying, well, duh, Zack. One is inside and the other is outside. And I would say, yes, this is a true statement. But you never really grasp the whole concepts of the different sides until you experience one and then the other. The "in" is cozy and dry and more personal and forgiving. The "out" is rugged and wet and vast and unforgiving and a challenge that I will most heartily accept.

Anyways. Enough of the exhaustion talk; it is boring me.

HEY! GUESS WHAT?!

I will be on the news tomorrow morning (Thursday, October 6). CBS 3 is visiting the Bates Motel & Haunted Hayride tomorrow for their morning news program, and if you tune in, you might just see a familiar frightening face! If you're not an early riser, I will surely, and gladly, inform you of my 5 minutes of fame.

Until then, I must be off, doing things, for my life is not just some sadistic, yet entertaining spectacle for your eyes and your ears and your fears and your tears. Or maybe it is? One thing you should always remember, us monsters are people too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment