Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I just wanna go home :(

Today was just one of those days where it seems everything is not going.  Just, you know, not going.

Before Bates tonight, my car got towed.  I missed a midterm.  I sliced the nail on my strumming finger, making it painful to play my Esmeralda.  I attempted to nap, but nope.  I ate a ham and cheese sandwich.  It wasn't a very good ham and cheese sandwich.  Needless to say (I'm going to say it anyways), I just wanted to go home when I returned to the farm tonight.

Tonight was the night when the actors get to go through each other's scenes.  How nerve-wracking is that?!  Having your co-workers all come see you do a job that they could have been doing, or doing better, for that matter.  And I tend to over-think and let my nerves get the better of me in pressure situations, but some times, not.  This happened to be one of those refreshing not situations.  I think I did pretty well considering I got some applause from the full wagon of house actors.  But I think I went too hard because the rest of the night had me dragging like a ghetto teenager's over-sized basketball shoe feet.

Injury report:  My IT band is acting up again.  It is not painful, but it does put a damper on things.  And well, it actually is a little painful.  I just need insoles, but I don't want to bother.  So I'll need to wrap my knee up tomorrow evening!  The joys of being a haunted attraction actor ;)

I do enjoy the company and camaraderie of this place.  The day started off with an exhaustion of just everything, yet I came to Bates, and I was just exhausted with some things.  I am pretty damn sure this farm has magical powers that heal any sort of odd ailments you may have JUST so you can get through the night's work.

(End of 13th evening).

No comments:

Post a Comment