Sunday, October 30, 2011

TGITLF.

Thank goodness it's the last Friday...

It was another early starting night.  I rushed out to my scene without even my overalls over my shoulders.  Yet I still had plenty of time at my scene.  Preemptive maneuvers for an anticipated busy night were to be unjustified by the night's activity.  Oh well!

It was the coldest evening we've had all season, I believe.  I certainly felt it too.  Whenever it's cold on the hayride, we, actors, tend to move around a bit more; to stay warm and to keep our mind off the temperatures.  This can be a good thing, yet the more you move around, the more you sweat.  And when it's cold outside, and there are no wagons around, this makes it all the much colder.  We have an option to either go crazy for the wagons when they come through to stay warm while risking getting colder on breaks or just get used to the cold and suffer through it.  So, pretty much, being out in the woods these nights is a lose/lose situation...

My friend came through tonight, though!  And I do believe I got him!  So that kept me alive for a little longer than I thought I would be tonight.  I also jumped up a lot on the wagon to talk to the entire peoples on the wagon.  It makes for a much more explosive performance.  Sometimes, I feel like I am starring in a miniature theater performance...

Yet, that machine mentality came into my head.  I can only change up my scene or my lines so much before it starts to get repetitive.  But when you find something that works well, and the higher-ups like it, it's hard to ever deter from that.  And I like to try to give every wagon the similar experience.  Obviously, if I find it's a wagon full of little monsters or douches, then that will change my mood, but for the most part, every wagon gets the same exact lines, same actions, and same scene.  That can really mess with your sanity.  Saying the same thing.  For 5 to 7 hours.  In the same spot.  Especially when they are lines about cannibalism or kidnapping people.

I'm not sure if it was a change of scenery this year or the vacancy of Phillies post-season baseball increasing patronage, but this season has tuckered me out much more than last season.  We still have two days left to go, yet I am already done.  I've been done since those busy nights, weeks ago.

It's time for me to get back to life of the living, rather than the life of the living dead!

(End of 21st evening).

No comments:

Post a Comment