Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Okay... Okay...


I showed up a wee early today to get latex on mah face!  Never had latex on before, so I figured what the HAY!  And I must say.  I do think Mike did a mighty fine job with the makeup tonight.

Another late start to an early night.  Super duper nice.  Especially after the long weekend and the strained beings of us all.  I was not entirely pumped up to scare tonight but then I recalled that all of my parents were coming!  I wasn't sure if my primary parents were coming, but I knew my other parents were...

So the first wagon rolled through.  Scared some folks.  Made others laugh.  Then, the next one came through.  Repeat.  Except Colin came over to me after this one had passed and said, "I think I scared your mom."  And by the time he informed, they had already passed on through.  Aw shucks!  This made me want to get my other parents in some way or form.  (My other parents = Colin's parents).  The next wagon came.  Repeat.  Colin came over to me and said, "My parents are on that wagon!"  So we chased them down and hopefully got MA-MUH.  And then the next one came through.  Repeat.  Colin comes over again and says, "Joe is on that one!"  So, we chase them down again!

By the time those three wagons came through, surges of energy had just coursed through my whole entire body that the rest of the night seemed to go so smoothly.  Even though my knee was a bum.  And my voice was lost.  I said to myself, "alright... okay... this isn't so bad anymore."  I even had a lot of energy to just start punching stuff!  I enclosed my hand in a fist and punched a mannequin right near my spot.  Except I forgot it was hard plastic.  But surprisingly, I didn't feel anything!  WOOHOO FOR CRAZIES.

So the night went on a little longer, but ended soon enough.  I got in a lot people's faces tonight on account of the whole not-having-a-voice-so-have-to-converse-face-to-face-with-the-folk thing.  Those three early wagons were pretty much the highlight of the night.  I feel absolutely drained.  Yet I've learned to deal with it and am just happy to be scaring peoples!

(End of 18th evening).

No comments:

Post a Comment